PDA

View Full Version : Posting a Poll.... Why Did Wolfie????

"THE ADVOCATE"
04-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Sell Jills boat?

alek72us
04-08-2013, 05:25 PM
How do you choose all of the above. lol

laddiepowell
04-08-2013, 06:01 PM
what boat did he sell???

"THE ADVOCATE"
04-08-2013, 06:22 PM
what boat did he sell???Jill's

laddiepowell
04-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Jill's
so that means the sundance? how could you sell somthing that hasent even ben wet yet???

"THE ADVOCATE"
04-08-2013, 08:15 PM
My daughter and I did hear it start once!!!!

laddiepowell
04-08-2013, 08:45 PM
well thats a bummer i was looking forward to getting beat in my can-am by a girl

"THE ADVOCATE"
04-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Jill still has a couple boats, we cant let our guard down yet!

laddiepowell
04-08-2013, 09:33 PM
was it a local SLC sale?

"THE ADVOCATE"
04-08-2013, 09:36 PM
:41616-4:

wolfie
04-08-2013, 10:53 PM
was it a local SLC sale?

It's going east!!! It'll be in good hands. One of our newer member here is buying it. Brite (Andy) will be the proud new owner.

You should have had an all the above!! Well, except for the "Didn't want to race the Advocate". That engine is probably still hovering above the Sleek. I think he's afraid that if he puts the engine all the way in that he'll have to run it.

With the family changes (Mike going in the Navy), we all decided to make some adjustments. Right now we have three people, four cars, and three boats and no where near the room like Doug and Roger have!!! Jill's loved that Sleek from the day she saw it. With Mike going into the Navy in a couple weeks, we decided to liquidate a little. We were going over what to do with everything, which was a daunting task. The Jeep is being sold to a lady Jill works with (BTW, Mike just bought an '87 Vette to take to Monterey when he gets out of basic). We were agonizing over it all. We knew that the SWTD wasn't going anywhere, and Jill and Mike love that Sleek, there was only one choice. When the opportunity arose, we opted to sell the Sundance. Don't think that there weren't tears in my eyes. Jill will tell you, I was pretty grumpy for a few days. All that work last summer. I actually think she went down to the Naval Recruiters office and signed Mike up so she could have the Sleek.

So all that being said, Brite will have a great boat to put together, and we'll be concentrating on the SWTD. Look for a few pictures throughout the year of Jill working on the Sleek as well. She really wants to be very involved in that project.

Oh, and with this administrations tax breaks on us middle class people, I've found that I've owed more. This is going to help offset my debt to the government. I've found out that it's only the congress and cabinet members that don't have to pay their taxes!!!

alek72us
04-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Well i will get both of mine going this year. so you can drive the southwind. but your carrying the cooler cause it dont have a backseat.

wolfie
04-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Well i will get both of mine going this year. so you can drive the southwind. but your carrying the cooler cause it dont have a backseat.

Me neither!! I don't have a front seat either right now!!!

BTW, you can bet I'll have a cooler!!!

alek72us
04-09-2013, 03:55 PM
I meant you can borrow my southwind. unless you think you will have your dragster on the lake this year?

Ramjam
04-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Wolfie did you keep the engine? I was looking forward to seeing that Strausburg motor run! You seem not to have a problem moving things, maybe I could bring over a couple boats for you to turn. U got the Petty boat home yet??? be a nice addition!

wolfie
04-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Wolfie did you keep the engine? I was looking forward to seeing that Strausburg motor run! You seem not to have a problem moving things, maybe I could bring over a couple boats for you to turn. U got the Petty boat home yet??? be a nice addition!

I did keep the engine. It's a Clegg's build. I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll do myself. I think between what they did on the cam and the valves and the posrting of the heads, it should flow pretty good.
As far as the Placecraft (confirmed by Old Rigger - Placecraft is written on the pod :41616-4:) , I think the SWTD is good enough for. I same basic hull, except the sponsons are deeper on the PC. I have an attachment to the Southwinds as well!!

Ramjam
04-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Glad you held onto it, you could be back on the water this year if you decide you can live without a blower, I knew it was one of those UT county shops, I was on my way there with my engine after dropping the crank off to be welded at supposedly the guy those shops use, and was talked into leaving the whole thing there, big mistake, took about 6 more trips and 3 attempts at assembly before it was right, turned into a nightmare.

wolfie
04-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Glad you held onto it, you could be back on the water this year if you decide you can live without a blower, I knew it was one of those UT county shops, I was on my way there with my engine after dropping the crank off to be welded at supposedly the guy those shops use, and was talked into leaving the whole thing there, big mistake, took about 6 more trips and 3 attempts at assembly before it was right, turned into a nightmare.

I'm finding out that there are a lot of those shops..

I was very happy with Earl over at Clegg's. Hopefully we'll see how it performs on the water this year.