PDA

View Full Version : California registration woes...

David
10-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Oh thanks so much Mr. Admin for adding this section!!! :biggrin:

I went to the California DMV today and learned something new...

Make sure that the Bill of Sale lists the sale price of your boat at less than $2000 because at $2000 or over you must have a bond from your insurance company.
Not insurance but, a bond!!! I showed my insurance coverage and that wasn't good enough. So I had to call Geico and get a bond. It is $100 for 3 years and they need to mail it to me and it has to be notarized as well.

So I will need to go back to DMV once I get that and finish the process and get my CF numbers...

newtojets
10-01-2012, 05:04 PM
dont forget that the state will be calling looking for there tax money for that boat also!

David
10-01-2012, 05:35 PM
dont forget that the state will be calling looking for there tax money for that boat also!
Nope... They got me for that right there at the DMV!!!

wolfie
10-01-2012, 05:48 PM
They're going to squeeze every last penny out of the working man in California. Someone has to pay for all those that don't work!!! And if Ol' Moonbeam keeps up, there's will be less and less working.

David
10-01-2012, 05:55 PM
They're going to squeeze every last penny out of the working man in California. Someone has to pay for all those that don't work!!! And if Ol' Moonbeam keeps up, there's will be less and less working.
http://www.vintagejetboats.com/showthread.php?3498-Wild-Tangent-Thread

Sleek Freak
10-01-2012, 06:02 PM
should've left DMV and called Myron for a new bill of sale for about $1999:4_12_2::biggrin: did I write that out loud.. oooops

David
10-01-2012, 06:49 PM
It was too late... :frown:

78_Tahiti
10-01-2012, 10:18 PM
That Sucks Man! Thinking back, I don't think DMV & I have ever been on the same page for a purchase! :4_12_2:

David
10-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Okay so here's the deal with the bond I had to get... The first lady didn't explain to me why I needed it...
I went back to DMV to give them my bond and get the title and registration...
I asked the lady if I need to get another one when this one expires? She say no, if no one claims the boat in 3 years they probably won't...

:4_12_2: Then the light went on!!! It was because I didn't have the title on an out of state boat that I needed the bond!!!

So I got my reg and sent Cy a message with my CF numbers so I can get the on her and get on the water...
May use shoe polish for this weekend!!! :rooster:

"THE ADVOCATE"
10-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Hey!!! New to the site, and have been looking for that boat! Where in Utah did you get that? About three months ago a big old cruiser took out my finished Sleek Craft...whats your agents number!!???

justsquirtin
10-08-2012, 06:55 PM
i think that is what i mentioned-i had to do the same thing on the boat i got from colorado=it only happens for certain states-didnot have it for az but registered it on the spot

David
10-08-2012, 06:56 PM
:eusasmiles: :banhim:

AG6
04-16-2017, 12:16 PM
Nope... They got me for that right there at the DMV!!!
I realized this is a few yrs old, but really good to know. I'll register mine in AZ. Hey Laddie, what's
your address again?