PDA

View Full Version : Iamjmc2's son's 16th Bday Lake Berryessa 6/20-6/24

Iamjmc2
06-07-2012, 08:35 AM
My family will be at Lake Berryessa's Chaparral Cove (Putah Creek) Resort 6/20-6/24 to celebrate my oldest son's 16th Bday on the 23rd. Would love to see any fellow boat junkies that can make it out. Stop by and say hi, and wish my son a Happy Bday.:drv:

David
06-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Have a great time and wish your son a Happy Bday!!!
I'll be up at Thunder Hill in Willows with my boys as they take their rice rockets around the road course... :transport005:

wolfie
06-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Happy birthday to your son. Wish you all a good time!

78_Tahiti
06-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Well, wish your boay a happy B-Day for us too@ cant wait till 4pm CFW yessir!

Iamjmc2
06-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks everybody. They grow up so damn fast.

wolfie
06-08-2012, 12:09 PM
This is true!!! You first see them and they fit in your arm. You turn around and they're riding their bike up and down the street. When it really hit me was when I passed him the first time on the road and he was behind the wheel driving his Bronco. Now he's 22 and a college graduate!!! Those of us on the older side already have realized that they grow up fast.

Iamjmc2
06-08-2012, 02:26 PM
That is what realy gets me, I do not feel any older than when I was 16, and now I look at, or should I say up at him and just wonder where has the time gone. Time to slow things down a bit and get back to what is realy important, Family.
I can't wait for our camping trip, no tv or video games, just old fashioned 1 on 1. What the heck are we going to talk about though!!! Better give this one some more thought!!LOL

wolfie
06-08-2012, 02:40 PM
You guys will have a lot to talk about....Just remember back to when you were his age.

Jill was the one that reigned me in as I was so focused on my career that I forgot about family. She reminded me that he was going to be gone in a short time. Luckily I was offered the job out here which allowed me to spend a heck of a lot more time with my family. It was a few steps back career wise, but well worth it! I would have just kept doing what I was doing and missed everything. Probably would have had a heart attack by now as well! Never would have gotten back into boating!

Iamjmc2
06-08-2012, 11:03 PM
It is amazing how hard you can try to provide for your family, give them things you never had, and as a reward for all your hard work you get to miss the most important part of all.........them growing up. Sounds like we have the same views on this. Feel sorry for the ones who do not relize this until it is to late.
That is the reason I bought the bought in the first place was to spend more time with them. What I did not relize is what great, funny, interesting memories we have from our past outings and I am sure many more to come.
Thanks for sharing this with me Wolfie, you are a great guy!!

wolfie
06-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I hope you guys really enjoy your time together on his birthday! Make those memories that he'll take with him. He'll always remember it well into his lifetime!!

Iamjmc2
06-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Well the trip started out allright and the first day/night was great, warm weather, warm water, clear skies and then came the wind and it never really let up. We even had a slight rain shower at one point. Still had a great time, making the best of it under the conditions. There was one time when the sniffling got a bit to much for everyone, so my kids pulled me to the side and had a little talk with me, you know "It will be alright dad, it is ok" and i stopped!!5463

David
06-25-2012, 03:49 PM
LOL... Good to hear the boy's didn't revoke your man card Jeff!!! hehe

The weather has been a liitle weird this summer in NorCal for sure!

78_Tahiti
07-01-2012, 03:06 AM
I agree David! Just got back from 6 days at Shasta Lake & it rained on and off for 4 of those!

Iamjmc2
07-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Took my son and his buddy back out to Lake Berryessa last Friday. What a great day. Calm winds and flat water.57545755

78_Tahiti
07-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Right on Jeff!