PDA

View Full Version : Easy Photo Editor

David
03-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Use the link below to download this Free editing software. Unzip the file and install on your PC.

After you install the software and get your picture opened that you want to edit. Just do a "Save As", give it a new name then grab the "Quality" slider bar and drag it to the left to make the file smaller (smaller in kilobytes, not overall size of pic). It will lower the quality of the image slightly but you won't ever notice unless you go too far to the left. And then we'd have to get all political on you!!! LOL

David
03-26-2012, 08:38 AM
We had a little "How To" session at Doug's yesterday with Scott and Doug...

I installed this "free" image editing software on Doug's pc and showed them how to make the image smaller, not in pixels but, in size.
Took a 600kb image and brought it down to 106kb without hurting the quality of the image.
I showed them this for two reasons.

A 106kb image loads 6 times faster than a 600kb image
It also uses up less of my storage capacity.

Taught them a few keyboard short cuts and tricks with the site as well...
With that being said, I'm gonna do a few short videos to help out on some FAQ's

I've also up'd the image upload limit to 3mb but, as I said above large file will affect page loads.
If you have a slow connection or slow PC you will see slower page loads on those large images.
I may download large images and reattach them just to speed things up but at least y'all should have less troubles uploading.

78_Tahiti
03-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Thank You Sir!

Redeye1620
02-01-2014, 09:05 AM
How does one post an avatar photo?

David
02-01-2014, 10:13 AM
How does one post an avatar photo?
Click on "Settings" on the top right of the page
Then on the left of the page part way down "Edit avatar"
From there you can choose a standard one from the site or upload your own.
Just remember the restrictions... "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 512.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."

"THE ADVOCATE"
02-01-2014, 10:15 AM
How does one post an avatar photo? Go into your garage. On the left side of the screen click on EDIT AVATAR in settings. :rooster: