PDA

View Full Version : New forum issues

wolfie
01-31-2012, 11:24 PM
What's this mean????

"vBulletin Message

wolfie, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

That and I ain't got no way to upload pictures or smilies and fun stuff like that!!!

David
02-01-2012, 07:32 AM
What's this mean????

"vBulletin Message

wolfie, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

That and I ain't got no way to upload pictures or smilies and fun stuff like that!!!

What exactly are you doing when you get that error.

No way to upload pictures or smiles where?

Thanks man...

wolfie
02-01-2012, 11:30 AM
When I sign in it goes to that message. As far as the download and smilies, when I post anything I don't have any window. it's like I'm posting as a guest. It will only let me post a quick reply.

wolfie
02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Also, I can't see all the posts.

wolfie
02-07-2012, 11:51 PM
So Jill said that she'd like to post her new boat in the garage. She said that she doesn't get the return e-mail so she can't sign in. She wants to know if Jason has kicked her off the island. :biggrin:

Oh also, is chat no longer, maybe I just can't find it, or did you guys kick me out of chat?

78_Tahiti
02-08-2012, 03:30 AM
No Wolfie! Your still allowed in Chat! EXCEPT David Borked the chat program, when he tried to move it to the home page! LOL! But in his defense, this has been an almost mind boggling change over to this new forum! He is working on fixing it.

David
02-08-2012, 07:33 AM
So Jill said that she'd like to post her new boat in the garage. She said that she doesn't get the return e-mail so she can't sign in. She wants to know if Jason has kicked her off the island. :biggrin:

Oh also, is chat no longer, maybe I just can't find it, or did you guys kick me out of chat?

I will send a reset code for her/you to fix that. I have a new chat box, it's just taking a bit of time to get it going on the front page.

No Wolfie! Your still allowed in Chat! EXCEPT David Borked the chat program, when he tried to move it to the home page! LOL! But in his defense, this has been an almost mind boggling change over to this new forum! He is working on fixing it.Man oh man... :willy_nilly:

H20MOFO
02-08-2012, 07:40 AM
I am having simular issues....no chat box. Tried to reply to the upgrade thread last night......made a post....wanted to edit the post a wee bit.....no modify box. Left and came back to make sure my pic vanished....and the whole post seemed to vanish. Gonna be surprised if this one sticks.

David
02-08-2012, 07:47 AM
I am having simular issues....no chat box. Tried to reply to the upgrade thread last night......made a post....wanted to edit the post a wee bit.....no modify box. Left and came back to make sure my pic vanished....and the whole post seemed to vanish. Gonna be surprised if this one sticks.
There is no chat box right now as I'm working on a new install... Make sure your pics are under 1mb in size, you're probably getting an error after the pic upload/attach and blowing right by it...

454 blue boat
02-08-2012, 08:01 AM
The only thing is seing here is that most of the posts I go to alot of stuff is a code or something and quotes and pic are gone that used to be there in some posts just or typing is there

David
02-08-2012, 08:32 AM
The only thing is seing here is that most of the posts I go to alot of stuff is a code or something and quotes and pic are gone that used to be there in some posts just or typing is there
That was because the import of data from the other forum scrambled up some things... With over 18000 post here it is taking a while to restore images and clean up the posts...
But Steve has been busting his hump as have I in getting this place back to "Normal" :4_6_4: :11_6_9:

78_Tahiti
02-08-2012, 10:16 AM
David has been doing an awesome Job of fixing links in threads! I have been going through every thread and fixing any picture issues that I can find. If you run accrossed a thread missing pictures, let me know! David now has the Archive available to me, so I can replace the missing ones! We are working on it! Oh BTW, David! You are doing an AWESOME JOB my Friend!

wolfie
02-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Got her set up guys, thanks. She'll be happy to hear she wasn't voted off the island!! :biggrin:

Just so you know, I think you guys are doing a great job of something I couldn't do if my life depended on it. I hope you guys don't think any of this is criticism. Except Jason, because he wants to kick Jill out.

David
02-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Got her set up guys, thanks. She'll be happy to hear she wasn't voted off the island!! :biggrin:

Just so you know, I think you guys are doing a great job of something I couldn't do if my life depended on it. I hope you guys don't think any of this is criticism. Except Jason, because he wants to kick Jill out.Good to hear man...
Hey you know you can delete that tugboat from your garage now... LOL

wolfie
02-08-2012, 11:54 AM
DUDE, you guys are doing great work!!!

I kind of like it!!!! Although I may replace it with one that I work with!!! LOL

wolfie
02-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Ok, per your request, I replace the fireboat!!

78_Tahiti
02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
OK, now ya made me look!

wolfie
02-12-2012, 05:31 PM
OK, now ya made me look!

:biggrin:

David
02-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Hey Jason I logged in with my laptop today and couldn't see the chat box using IE9... What browser are you using?

wolfie
09-14-2012, 12:09 PM
So David, I'm sure it's something I'm doing, but I can't insert pictures from other sites like Photobucket using the URL feature. As soon as I hit OK, it does nothing.

78_Tahiti
09-14-2012, 10:42 PM
So David, I'm sure it's something I'm doing, but I can't insert pictures from other sites like Photobucket using the URL feature. As soon as I hit OK, it does nothing.Wolfie, use the IMG feature. You can get it at Photbucket for each picture. should look like (IMG)theurl (/im ) with a G after the M in the second set of brackets!

David
09-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Wolfie, use the IMG feature. You can get it at Photbucket for each picture. should look like (IMG)theurl (/im ) with a G after the M in the second set of brackets!
I shoulda posted up that I called him straight away and got him dialed in... oops...

wolfie
09-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks again David and Steve!