PDA

View Full Version : Welcome a new custom fabricator to VJB

David
02-01-2011, 06:13 PM
I think most of you have seen my interior here on the site, a few have seen it in person.
Rich specializes in Custom Interiors and has now branched into custom Laser Engraving.
Need something like this done for your boat, hot rod, and/or anything else?
Rich is available to quote custom jobs, email him @ rich@santanainteriors.com
[smg id=696]
[smg id=697]

78_Tahiti
02-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Nice looking switch panel! I hope he can keep them somewhat reasonable. I need one similar to that for my 1970 Land Rover. For an inside winch control! 1 Saftey power switch & 1 Momentary double pole double throw switch. But I'm poor, so I'll prolly have to make it myself. LOL!

David
02-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Email him the size and specs and let him quote it out for you.
He prices out things very fair imo.

David
02-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Nice looking switch panel! I hope he can keep them somewhat reasonable. I need one similar to that for my 1970 Land Rover. For an inside winch control! 1 Saftey power switch & 1 Momentary double pole double throw switch. But I'm poor, so I'll prolly have to make it myself. LOL!

Hey Steve, I spoke to Rich tonight and he's thinking like $25, you just provide specs and if you want standard paint colors he'll even paint it up for you as well.

jwallmuth
02-01-2011, 09:26 PM
does he need to see the boat in person, or can he go by measurements, cause that looks SWEET!!!!

David
02-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Send him pics and the specs you want it built to, long way from California to Louisiana brother!!!

speedsports66
02-01-2011, 09:43 PM

they will be very reasonably priced. probably 25.00 each and a few choices available. email me at rich@santanainteriors.com and we can go from there.

speedsports66
02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
does he need to see the boat in person, or can he go by measurements, cause that looks SWEET!!!!

for the most part, measurements is all i need. and text obviously. PM me and we can go from there.

jwallmuth
02-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Send him pics and the specs you want it built to, long way from California to Louisiana brother!!!

i know, that's why i was asking if this was for cali boys only kinda thing, i'm going to have to hit him up, cause that look dood, real dood. wish he do my interior from 2000 miles away too.

jwallmuth
02-01-2011, 09:48 PM

for the most part, measurements is all i need. and text obviously. PM me and we can go from there.

will do dude, that is just the look my dash needs

jwallmuth
02-01-2011, 09:51 PM
how about a picture with a tape measure next to the switches, or do you need more?

speedsports66
02-02-2011, 04:34 PM
how about a picture with a tape measure next to the switches, or do you need more?

i need exact measurements, so i can place the switches exactly where they are. unless you want to hog out the back of the dash like Daves and then they can go wherever you want them. just let me know how long the panel can be and how many switches you want, and i can give you a template and finished panel.

jwallmuth
02-02-2011, 05:15 PM

i need exact measurements, so i can place the switches exactly where they are. unless you want to hog out the back of the dash like Daves and then they can go wherever you want them. just let me know how long the panel can be and how many switches you want, and i can give you a template and finished panel.

ok, will do, when i get 5 MINS. I'll get with you, I've been swamped!!!!!

78_Tahiti
02-02-2011, 08:29 PM

they will be very reasonably priced. probably 25.00 each and a few choices available. email me at rich@santanainteriors.com and we can go from there.

Thats doable! thanks Rich! I'll email you what I'm looking at. Nice to see you joining the party! LOL! Nice Job on Davids Interior. Looks really good!

speedsports66
03-04-2011, 07:32 AM
if anybody is interested, the laser is up and running. if you would like to order your dash panels at 25$, let me know.
they wont stay this cheap for long.

H20MOFO
03-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Can you engrave polished alum. valve covers? I always thought it would be cool to engrave the eliminator logo in my valve covers.

speedsports66
03-05-2011, 01:19 PM
yes, i can 'mark' polished aluminum. it comes out as black text. not the old rotary style.
and if you have anodized aluminum, it burns as white or dove grey, looks killer.

78_Tahiti
03-15-2011, 01:36 PM
yes, i can 'mark' polished aluminum. it comes out as black text. not the old rotary style.
and if you have anodized aluminum, it burns as white or dove grey, looks killer.

Thats Awesome Rich! This opens up a whole different world of Possibilities! Like on each side of a Jet Boats Scoop, for One!

SMAC RACING ENGINES How BaddAzz would that Be? Just One other Question, Have you tried the laser on Stainless Yet?

David
03-15-2011, 04:11 PM
I was up there yesterday and he was showing me the things it will do... That laser is amazing!!!
It will do any surface I think?

speedsports66
03-15-2011, 05:32 PM
yes, we can mark stainless. i put a chemical on the metal and then laser it. the laser changes the properties of the chemical and bonds the chemical to the metal. most is black, but there are some colors available.
let me know if you are ready to have some work done.

jwallmuth
03-15-2011, 07:20 PM
dude the side of a scoop, that would look, SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

78_Tahiti
03-16-2011, 02:15 AM
dude the side of a scoop, that would look, SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

LOL! Well since I dont make much Money. Being Creative is the ONLY way I Keep my Junk UNIQUE!!

Kool Rich! I'm sure we will be talking in the near future. I think with My Big Mouth, and a few of the Ideas, this has all ready givin me! I can surely send some business your way! I only have 1 more question for you at the moment. How BUSY DO YOU WANT TO BE? Please feel free to PM Me and throw David in the Loop! Steve Mac :yesnod:

jwallmuth
03-16-2011, 07:37 AM
can he fit a scoop in the machine?

David
03-16-2011, 08:33 AM

That's a great question.....

jwallmuth
04-07-2011, 06:58 AM

That's a great question.....

did anybody find out the answer to this question?

speedsports66
04-07-2011, 07:04 PM
the machine as stock will fit 13"x25". i can however open the machine to accept any length by 25".
hope this helps. any questions email me rich@santanainteriors.com
thanks.

jwallmuth
04-08-2011, 02:21 PM
the machine as stock will fit 13"x25". i can however open the machine to accept any length by 25".
hope this helps. any questions email me rich@santanainteriors.com
thanks.

what about height? is 13"X25" a flat plate measurement?

speedsports66
04-08-2011, 04:19 PM
i think i have like 16 inches of height. let me know what you want to do and i'll get right back to you.

jwallmuth
04-09-2011, 03:15 AM
I'd like to put something on the sides of my scoop but i think it's bigger then 16".

speedsports66
04-09-2011, 11:27 AM
i'll check today and see exactly what size will fit.