PDA

View Full Version : Tom Papp Memorial Run Lake elsinore 1-8-11

moneysucker
01-03-2011, 11:53 AM
The 4th annual Tom Papp Memorial Run is on for 1-8 at lake Elsinore. Launching from the west marina. I hope some from these boards can make it.

David
01-03-2011, 11:59 AM
I know that justsquirtin (Doug) is heading down for that. Not sure who else from around here though?
I imagine they'll chime in to this post though.

78_Tahiti
01-03-2011, 12:20 PM
I would love to go see all the kool boats that attend this event. But I have to work. I will however, Be there in Spirit. So MoneySucker & Doug, we expect lots of pictures!!

76Nordic
01-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Ya I will be there also. Only a 45 min drive for me. Seems like a lot of people from different sites will be there. From all the pics I have seen from past events, there is a helluva lot of boats to look at. Work has kept me from prior events :'( Wish you up NORTH guys could make it, would like to meet you all!!!!!

justsquirtin
01-03-2011, 11:29 PM
hey moneysucker and nordic=i will be goin-leaving friday and stayin with friends in pomona and heading out saturday=will be meeting up with boost at 7am somewhere on 15

hey cy=could you bring some of the southwind stickers out for me=the original southwind 19 dragster 4 of them original size and 4 of the southwind boats logo that were on sides of the southwind original size and if you can make 4 at 8 inches of the southwind boats that would be great==thanks doug

moneysucker
01-04-2011, 08:04 PM
hey moneysucker and nordic=i will be goin-leaving friday and stayin with friends in pomona and heading out saturday=will be meeting up with boost at 7am somewhere on 15

hey cy=could you bring some of the southwind stickers out for me=the original southwind 19 dragster 4 of them original size and 4 of the southwind boats logo that were on sides of the southwind original size and if you can make 4 at 8 inches of the southwind boats that would be great==thanks doug

4 round 4 southwind boats for boat side and 4 southwind boats 8" wide. White right?

justsquirtin
01-04-2011, 11:38 PM
on the southwind boats original size for the side burgandy if you can if not black--all others white will be fine=thanks cy-doug

justsquirtin
01-08-2011, 05:52 AM
good morn all--6am -will be headed out to TPM soon-looks to be clear skies-see ya

David
01-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Hey bud, safe travels and we look forward to hearing from you as soon as you get back!!!

78_Tahiti
01-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Have fun Doug!

76Nordic
01-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Worked al week on boat making her nice and pretty. Last nite got the boat hooked up to my truck, checked lites, got everything loaded up, tire pressures all good, bearings greased, ready to go, or so I thot. Thought about it and figured I might as well start her up, seeing as I haven't since my Avi trip in Oct. Well what do ya know, my always turn key boat wouldn't start >:( Seems like it may be a battery issue. I keep my battery on a tender always, and it has lasted me a long time. Put an older battery in and tried to crank a little, but no bueno! Too late to get one now. Then to top it off, this am, the key switch is starting to give me problems >:( So here I sit in my boat, in the DRIVEWAY, making vroom vroom sounds!! Dang I is pissed >:( >:( :P

David
01-08-2011, 12:42 PM
That stinks Nord!!!! So is it the switch or the battery? Or both?

76Nordic
01-08-2011, 12:50 PM
It's both & :( If it was just the battery, I could have still gone. But too much time has been wasted, and it's too dang late :'(

David
01-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Man I'd a just hot wired that puppy and rolled!!!

78_Tahiti
01-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Man I'd a just hot wired that puppy and rolled!!!

I think I prolly would have done the same David. :D

76Nordic
01-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Well, with new Battery, and start her, The tach is not working, the oil psi guage is pegged, the volt guage dead, and the same with the temp. Then put the meter on the batt, and showing only 11.9 while running, so I think I have maybe been smart to stay home unfortunately >:( >:( >:(

78_Tahiti
01-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Nordie, check the ground conection @ the terminal strip for corrosion! and also under the dash, a bad ground will cause all the described faults at the same time. If for nothing else, to be ready for the next outing. Sorry ya missed the gig. I have never been, have seen pics, looks like an awesome get together!

moneysucker
01-08-2011, 08:06 PM
That is OK Nord. I am more of a loser. We are home sick and I am only an hour away.

76Nordic
01-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the info 78, will be doing that tomorrow. It does suck tho, but I am kinda anal about things being just right :D It's all about towing a boat to the water, and a boat running on the water, I want it all to be just right. I know that I am asking for a miracle, seeing that we are talking boats tho LOL LOL

76Nordic
01-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Not a loser MS, it happens. Been tough for me sometimes because of work, or what have you. This time it was he dang boat, which is unusual. I hope you be feeling well soon my friend!!!

78_Tahiti
01-09-2011, 12:48 AM
I understand Nordie, I am much like you! I spend a great deal of time on preventitive maintanence, as well as checking everything out at least monthly! Unless I was struck by lightning! (which may happen, LOL) I back the old girl in. pull out the truck and trailer, and I'm ready to go. Period! I really enjoy my vintage jetboat. So, needless to say, I go myself half the time. And enjoy myself completely. Matter of fact I did a little "One Man Boat Launch Pictorial" at the Sacramento River a while back. Heres a link if your interested. http://vintagejetboats.com/forum/index.php?topic=473.0

76Nordic
01-09-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm the same way 78. When I go to the river, I do NOT want to be wrenching on my stuff like, it seems, alot of my buddies are always doing. ::) Thats why I was quite aggravated this time, because I stay up on my PM. Been looking all morning, thru the wiring, not finding any thing, then lo and behold a grnd wire on the terminal strip was broke. The way it broke, was very difficult to spot. Thanks for the pointers guys. Mark

David
01-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Nice catch Steve!!! (sticking that in my memory bank for retrieval down the road)

78_Tahiti
01-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Nice catch Steve!!! (sticking that in my memory bank for retrieval down the road)

Thanks David. I really enjoy trying to give real advice, to help a fellow enthusiest! Believe me learning most of this **** first hand was not near as easy as passing the knowledge learnt from it!

justsquirtin
01-14-2011, 11:08 PM
posted 92 pics in my gallery from the event-about 120 boats -got most of them-that 32 duece caught my eye as i was driving to pomona friday-couldnt pass it up=alot of nice hardware-had the pleasure of meeting mr papps mom and sister-they looked very pleased with the turn out-the cove where everyone went to was nice-the entrance to it was small -got kinda crazy when boats started to run - like an ocean-tried to run a solo pass but got squirrlly on take-off and then got airborne and didnt take another run=alot of video on performance and socaljet boat sites-alot of unhappy boaters-got to meet some of the boaters from the boards-tim{futs -swtd guru} nick valore of mad skills check out his 2 into one exhaust system pics # 4/5-boost and chromey-and brad from socaljetboats and a few others that i cant remember right off hand=omd goin on-all in all a good time

78_Tahiti
01-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Looks like it was a gas! nice pics man! I bet that was kool meeting some of the so cal guys. Its funny, it seems most of the people I know, relative to boating, have unusual names. Like Bwurst, Chili, Just Squirtin! HAHA!

David
01-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Hey Doug thanks for taking the time to upload ALL those pics (Click here (http://vintagejetboats.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=40)). Man you got a ton of them!!
There were some very cool rides there, Nick's 8 in to 1 exhaust is one I watched him fab up on FB.
That dual pump is way cool!!!
Some very nice paint schemes too on a few of those rides!!
Too bad the water wasn't nicer to get some good runs in.... :(