PDA

View Full Version : New owner, glad to find this NW group!

halfdome
12-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Hi, Just bought my boat a couple of months ago. I still haven't splashed it. I am really glad to find this part of the forum though it will be cool to know what's going on here in Washington (Oregon too ;D ). Alex

justsquirtin
12-18-2010, 07:44 PM
welcome aboard=most of us are in norcal-but forever expanding to the greater depths of the jet boats world-you can also find info in washington at skaginboats-

so wheres the pics of your float -what kind is it and where is arlington

jrork
12-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi, Just bought my boat a couple of months ago. I still haven't splashed it. I am really glad to find this part of the forum though it will be cool to know what's going on here in Washington (Oregon too ;D ). Alex

Hi Alex. Welcome to the world of Jetboating. There is a large group of jet boaters in Washington. Many regularly boat on the Snohomish River as well.....John

halfdome
12-28-2010, 03:52 PM
I have a few pictures I can post but all are on the trailer. I live in Arlington Heights about 3 miles out of town. I have heard about some secret bar downriver from Snohomish but I have no idea where it would be as that whole area is a dike I thought??? I can't wait for summer so I can try and find you guys. The Snohomish seems like a great place for a jet. My boat is a 73 Southwind with a 545 and a Jucuzzi wj. I am currently installing a sound system in it, if I can get that finished by Thursday; I can take pictures and post them (The rumor is that there will be sun on Thursday :)). Appreciate any local info and thanks, Alex

justsquirtin
12-28-2010, 04:47 PM
good choice on your boat-i have 4 --2 18fters and 2 swtd-have owned one of the 18 since 82-great boats

David
12-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Sun in Washington??? What are these myths you speak of??? LOL

halfdome
12-28-2010, 05:21 PM
That is pretty funny, you can't even count on sun in July here and I'm banking on a photo session in December??? I have a jet-sled too and I've run the lower snohomish, but where do you launch a nice boat? Maybe at that little park on the old river road, just down from Lowell? Anyway, I've wanted a jet since I was a kid and decided it was now or never. I really like this boat.

David
12-28-2010, 05:25 PM
pm jrork or runaway and I'm sure they can fill you in on the goings on up there...

Runaway
01-16-2011, 09:26 AM
pm jrork or runaway and I'm sure they can fill you in on the goings on up there...

The launch is at Rotary Park, near Lowell. $5 launch fee. If you go south on the river about 3 miles I think there is a big sandbar that everyone meets at. Of course you have to deal with tides. :) But other than a few fisherman the river usually belongs to the jet boats so no one hassles us much.

halfdome
01-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks for that info even if I'm late getting back. For whatever reason my browser (firefox) has a real problem accessing this site. No idea why. Anyway, thanks again and I can't wait to put it in the water. That launch at Lowell is about 15 minutes from where I work, so I should be able to hit it on weekdays too :)

David
01-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks for that info even if I'm late getting back. For whatever reason my browser (firefox) has a real problem accessing this site. No idea why.

I will install firefox on my machine and see if I can see what's up... Thanks for that info!!

halfdome
01-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks David, If I try to access using a bookmark, or typing www.vintagejetboats.com (http://www.vintagejetboats.com), or vintagejetboats.com. or vjbforums.com it will say the site isn't found. Finally, if I beat on it long enough I get connected. After that it works fine. I am happy to move this to email and help test if there's anything I can do to help. I really like the site. Thanks, Alex

scotty1969
01-29-2011, 11:54 PM
hello all i also am in wa. state i live east of the cascades in yakima weather on this side (david) is super in the summer this is actually the new hot spot for wineries in the us .all of you on the rainy wet side should plan a trip over here to one of several nice spots.i love going over to your side and play when i can at lake goodwin the sound or wherever lol happy boating all.

halfdome
02-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Hey Scotty1969, I grew up in Yakima, do I know you? I now live on the West side by lake Goodwin there's a speed limit on that lake :'( Anyway glad to know there are a few jets in Yakavegas.

scotty1969
02-05-2011, 10:00 PM
speed limit on goodwin are you serious lol ive been wide open several times in front of johny(law) in jet boat and on jet skis and never even been spoke to and i actualy go over and converse with them.where is this posted anyway?

halfdome
02-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Ok, I'll come clean, I've never seen it posted. but I've heard it form a couple of people. Do you live here now? Don't tell me you drive from Yak to splash Goodwin???? :)

UncleMark
10-23-2011, 08:36 AM
I've never been on Goodwin, but I understand it's a great place to open it up and make some noise.