PDA

View Full Version : Northern Utah Boataholics

"THE ADVOCATE"
12-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi, my name is Jason and I am a budding boataholic. Any posters out there from the Wasatch front?

78_Tahiti
12-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Well Jason, consider yourself our Utah Advocate! We look forward to lots of kool pictures of the waterways and the boats you cats play with up there!

"THE ADVOCATE"
12-10-2010, 03:46 PM
WOW! A title! I told you mom, see I am important! There is excellent boating in north Utah and southern Idaho. Just ask about any travel plans. The big thing to remember when coming up here is altitude, be prepared to tune. The great news is that you can join the mile high club in your boat!

78_Tahiti
12-10-2010, 05:19 PM
WOW! A title! I told you mom, see I am important! There is excellent boating in north Utah and southern Idaho. Just ask about any travel plans. The big thing to remember when coming up here is altitude, be prepared to tune. The great news is that you can join the mile high club in your boat!

NOW That has a very interesting sound to it! That Might (and I mean maybe, LOL!) be a good enough reason for my girl to go on a little northern excursion with our boat!

David
12-10-2010, 05:22 PM

NOW That has a very interesting sound to it! That Might (and I mean maybe, LOL!) be a good enough reason for my girl to go on a little northern excursion with our boat!

Doesn't Lake Tahoe qualify as well for the MHC?

78_Tahiti
12-10-2010, 05:28 PM
SSSSHHHHHH!!! David! havent you ever wanted to check out something a little farther from home then that? Gawd!! LMAO!!!

David
12-10-2010, 06:21 PM
uhhhhhh NOPE.... Not fond of long drives!!!! Plenty of great lakes and rivers here but, if you're going I'll gladly fall asleep in the back seat of your truck and you can wake me when you get there!!! LOL

78_Tahiti
12-10-2010, 10:45 PM
OMG! You sound exactly like Deb! LOL!!!

David
12-10-2010, 10:57 PM
OMG! You sound exactly like Deb! LOL!!!

Well that settles it then.... Deb and I will curl up in the back seat, wake us when we get there!!! LMAO!!!

78_Tahiti
12-11-2010, 02:09 AM
Well you better bring ear plugs! As Deb allready know. I drive fast! and I listen to my Rock & Roll LOUD!!! like this
AC/DC - T.N.T (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgSt_QiumVc&feature=related#)

David
12-11-2010, 07:21 AM
PERFECT!!!! You and I are from that same era brother!! Bring it on, back in the day I had 4 6 x 9's in my truck with two eq's/amps and people could hear me comin' a mile away!!!

Hells Bells man!!!!!

Publknme
12-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Utah sounds like a hoot, and I would need to re-jet my carb for Tahoe...(saw a kit on ebay last night)

My Road trip music would be Metallica and Rush.... I'm not down with long drives unless I'm going to have a ton of fun when I arrive IE: Vegas or similar... we usually jam every year to the beach house and I can make a normal 6+ hour drive in 5.5 or less... and that drive stinks! ( Driving aorund tweeker clear lake sucks).
I'm kind of with David the farthest lake we go to is Union Valley 1.5 hours from driveway to boat ramp.... plus the dog can make the enitre tirp with NO stops.....

"THE ADVOCATE"
12-11-2010, 01:51 PM
The coolest thing about Utah is that you can drop the wives(plural) at church and race all day! And forget about Powell, some of the best canyon resevoirs are in central Utah!

78_Tahiti
12-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Powell! ?!!? I dont think I would want to play around there with anything smaller then a 25' offshor Kat. last time I was there it was jump 1 wave, crash thru 2, jump 1 wave, crash thru 2...etc....etc... LOL!!

wolfie
02-27-2011, 09:53 AM
The coolest thing about Utah is that you can drop the wives(plural) at church and race all day! And forget about Powell, some of the best canyon resevoirs are in central Utah!

The real nice part about Utah is that when you drop off the wives to head out on the lake, everyone else is in church too!!!

78_Tahiti
02-27-2011, 11:14 AM
I think David and I are gonna try planning a little Road trip this summer (with boats) to check out some of that Utah Water! I think it would be Kool to meet some of JetBoat Fanatics up there!

"THE ADVOCATE"
02-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey Wolfie! I heard through the grapevine that there was group of jet boaters that meets at Utah lake. Heard there was some fast boats too! Cmon spring!

wolfie
02-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey Wolfie! I heard through the grapevine that there was group of jet boaters that meets at Utah lake. Heard there was some fast boats too! Cmon spring!

Yeah, there's some fast boats. Mine's not one of them though. :biggrin: Looking forward to it!!!! If you count everyone, there's about 30 old school boats in the valley area from Utah County to Davis County and out in the Tooele area.

"THE ADVOCATE"
02-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Ive seen some cool VJBs at Yuba and willard bay too! Seems like there are more on KSL than on the water though. Your ride looks nice! What it got?

wolfie
02-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Ive seen some cool VJBs at Yuba and willard bay too! Seems like there are more on KSL than on the water though. Your ride looks nice! What it got?

Last year I met up with a guy out of Orem that has a '77 Eliminator cruiser. Showed me where the cove is. We hung out for the day and had about 4 other jets come by to BS. looking to get a few others together this upcoming season. Another guy that we've met up with has an Eliminator Daytona. His nephew has an 19' Eliminator as well. There's a guy up in Hooper that has a Daytona and a Brendella that wants to meet up. Another guy is in Sandy that has a really nice Sleek with a wacker on it.

'82 Eliminator 'Cruiser with a bored and stroked 454 and a light cam with a berk pump. Had the interior redone a couple of years ago but the guy totally screwed it up so we're looking for another guy to do it. Might get pissed off enough to buy a machine and do it myself. I have the engine out right now to kind of look through it. New timing gear, new freeze plugs, and if I get a wild hair, maybe a new intake manifold. I'm trying to clean it up a little. I think I have to go through the pump as well. I went through a sand bar last year not knowing it was that shallow.

"THE ADVOCATE"
02-27-2011, 12:32 PM
I have talked to that guy from Hooper, seems cool! Definately want to be there! 454 blue boat has a polished 454 tunnel ram for sale if you want a over the top intake. I bought one from him for my 460, really nice guy.

"THE ADVOCATE"
02-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Dave, whats SSAMARINE? If you build jet boats you might be my new best friend!!! I live in Cottonwood Heights(FT. Union and Highland dr. area).

wolfie
02-27-2011, 01:03 PM
SSA Marine is actually a stevedoring company. If you see pictures of the container terminals with the big cranes, that's us. We have an office here as well.

BTW I'm down in Draper, not too far from you.

http://www.laalmanac.com/images/Port%20of%20Long%20Beach.JPG

78_Tahiti
02-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I Like Big Cranes! I really like watching accidents with big cranes!!! LOL!

"THE ADVOCATE"
02-27-2011, 05:39 PM
STEVE!!!!!! NOBODY LIKES ACCIDENTS WITH BIG CRANES!!!!!! Good rigging and planing keeps my kids in food and clothes! Knock on wood I will never be an email crane disaster! It is fun to watch idiots crash and burn though!!

H20MOFO
03-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi, my name is Jason and I am a budding boataholic. Any posters out there from the Wasatch front?

I am guilty of the Wasatch front thing. :biggrin: When is our first lake trip guys? Anyone got memorial planed yet? I bet I am the 1st to float my boat this spring...any takers.lol

"THE ADVOCATE"
03-02-2011, 07:01 PM
:41616-4: No. Went to Oceans today with the trailer, the bottoms done. :41616-4: Boats been there since Oct. Rick does good work but.....Maybe the fishing boat is ready, oh yah, thats why I bought a jet boat!!!

H20MOFO
03-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Its suposed to be a balmy 50* this weekend....utah lake any one.lol I am gonna try to hear my boat run this week end if I can get her together in time. :yesnod:

wolfie
03-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Mine's a raft right now. The engine's in my garage. I still need to pull the jet to take a quick check see. Hoping to take a week off in April to start putting it all back together. Gotta get a hold of a long arm cherry picker.

H20MOFO
03-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I may be dreaming but I think I can get her done.....put the jet together yesterday. New impy..wear ring...and thrust bearing via Tom at Jbp. Still need to put the motor and interior in....and re hook all the gauges and electrical. Its a good thing I don't have a life.lol I may be forced to visit sand hollow one of these 1st weekends also. Sooooo...did we all give up on the whole club/name thing???

wolfie
03-07-2011, 01:48 PM
I may be dreaming but I think I can get her done.....put the jet together yesterday. New impy..wear ring...and thrust bearing via Tom at Jbp. Still need to put the motor and interior in....and re hook all the gauges and electrical. Its a good thing I don't have a life.lol I may be forced to visit sand hollow one of these 1st weekends also. Sooooo...did we all give up on the whole club/name thing???

I think we're still looking for one. You got any ideas? Where's that Utah Advocate!!! Isn't this his job??? :biggrin:

H20MOFO
03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Maybe we should get a list together and put it to a vote/poll. I kinda liked the Big Love Boat Club and Pipe Orchestra.lol

"THE ADVOCATE"
03-07-2011, 06:56 PM
First person to get his boat on the water this spring gets to choose!!! :rockwoot:

"THE ADVOCATE"
03-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Hey Dave, I have a cherry picker. Let me know if you need to use it.

David
03-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Does it count if the wate is still in a solid format?

78_Tahiti
03-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Does it count if the WATER is still in a solid format?

there David, I fixed it for ya!

David
03-11-2011, 07:58 AM
ty sir.... hehehe :)

Sleek Freak
03-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Hello Utards, lets get together at the lake sometime and see if my junk will float.

H20MOFO
03-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Hello Utards, lets get together at the lake sometime and see if my junk will float.

Hey Sleek...glad to see ya. Got the daytona together yet? I am hoping to float my boat this coming weekend. I went to start my pile last night after finishing my electrical. Looks like its starter time for me. I called jegs and told the guy "give me the same thing ya gave me last year and the year before at this time".lol

David
03-14-2011, 08:58 AM

Hey Sleek...glad to see ya. Got the daytona together yet? I am hoping to float my boat this coming weekend. I went to start my pile last night after finishing my electrical. Looks like its starter time for me. I called jegs and told the guy "give me the same thing ya gave me last year and the year before at this time".lol

Welcome Sleek!!! Let's see that Daytona huh?

Hey MOFO, I get my starters at O'Reilly's and they give you a lifetime warranty. I use a regular 'ole truck starter. So far I've had to exchange it every year too.

H20MOFO
03-14-2011, 10:05 AM

Welcome Sleek!!! Let's see that Daytona huh?

Hey MOFO, I get my starters at O'Reilly's and they give you a lifetime warranty. I use a regular 'ole truck starter. So far I've had to exchange it every year too.

I wish that were an option for me. I have only found one mini starter small enough for my application. And it doesn't even fit until I get the hacksaw out and cut a utah shaped chunk out of it.lol Its a long story but that starter was under water over night the last time I was out. I was amazed when it started and got me back to the ramp....I am a guessin it had all winter to get nice and rusty in there.lol

Publknme
03-14-2011, 10:15 AM
I dig my ministarter
I got it here
http://www.dbelectrical.com/c-1692-automotive-mini-hi-torque.aspx

now i dont have to remove a log just to get to the giant OEM starter that was on it.
Also being mini its lighter AND believe it or not was about the same price as a "lifetime" one was from Pepboys/kragen-O'reillys.
I went thru 2 of those in less then a year (to much labor for me).

wolfie
03-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Yo Sleek, glad you made it over!!!

Kreg, Call Tom at JBP. He'll hook you up with a good deal that'll fit.

H20MOFO
03-14-2011, 11:32 AM

I think Tom has had enough of me and my starter issues over the last few years.lol I will put a pic up later tonight....there isn't a starter on earth(that i know of) that will fit my junk. I still have all the stuff for a top mount. Maybe I will try that again after this one dies. I need one of those auto bilge dealios...that would be cheaper and easier than playing starter every year. You got your canoe ready Wolfie? I would have been lake bound yesterday if my rig was ready.....hopefully next weekend. :cheers:

wolfie
03-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Mine is exactly that, a canoe. No power yet. Got the engine in the garage. Still need to pull the jet to check it out after a romp through a sandbar. Should be up and running by the end of April. I'll probably take a week off work to work on it.

78_Tahiti
03-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Welcome Sleek! watch your toes in thread! :zz22_yikes: LOL!

David
03-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Welcome Sleek! watch your toes in thread! :zz22_yikes: LOL!

Kinda went :BigSign: did we???

Sleek Freak
03-15-2011, 06:07 PM
crap I'm already in trouble.. :4_12_2:

David
03-15-2011, 06:13 PM
crap I'm already in trouble.. :4_12_2:

Well look who you've associated with... What did you expect?? :)

wolfie
03-15-2011, 07:14 PM
So Sleek...You need to be a NUTTZ too!!!!

Sleek Freak
03-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Wolfie your going to get me in trouble again. I was going for a Utard membership.
U -Utah
T - Terminal
A - Aqua
R - Recreation
D - Disease
S - Sufferer's

Thats what it stands for I think.

78_Tahiti
03-16-2011, 01:59 AM
NUTTZ an ELITE Division of UTARDS INTERNATIONAL :rockwoot:

David
03-16-2011, 08:27 AM
NUTTZ an ELITE Division of UTARDS INTERNATIONAL :rockwoot:

You're having too much fun with NUTTZ Steve.... Beginning to wonder about you!!!!

fkaracing
03-16-2011, 09:16 AM

I think Tom has had enough of me and my starter issues over the last few years.lol I will put a pic up later tonight....there isn't a starter on earth(that i know of) that will fit my junk. I still have all the stuff for a top mount. Maybe I will try that again after this one dies. I need one of those auto bilge dealios...that would be cheaper and easier than playing starter every year. You got your canoe ready Wolfie? I would have been lake bound yesterday if my rig was ready.....hopefully next weekend. :cheers:

Kreg hit me up and I will go to the lake with ya! My boat is still covered so I would just tag along and help ya load / unload. You know just be there for support of the NUTTZ :4_1_72:

H20MOFO
03-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Sounds good Rory... I will let ya know. Doesn't look like I will get my bow numbers in time for this weekend.....not that I am sure that will stop me.lol Starter should be here tomorrow. :happy2: