PDA

View Full Version : Rollins Lake May 20 - 22

VJB
11-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Not sure on details. This was posted by Cas over on NorCals site.

Publknme
11-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Its also on the laid back boaters site....

sounds fun, ive not been to Rollins since 1996. supposed ot be nice camping with your boat close in the water....

78_Tahiti
12-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Rollins is a very nice little lake.

Publknme
01-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Not sure on details. This was posted by Cas over on NorCals site.

There is also a thread regarding this on LBB's forum (Cas's Site)

I think Kelly and I will do this one, sounds fun, never been to Rollins with a boat.
plus according to Scott the sites they reserve all touch the water.... an added bonus.

I personally cant wait till June and union Valley. that time of year its full to the brim.

David
01-28-2011, 07:58 PM
I may come up Sunday for this since it's real close, I just google map'd this lake and it's very small huh?

78_Tahiti
01-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Ya David, Rollins is kind of small. But its a very pretty lake! There are lot of little coves. heading up river is pretty kool as well. I generally do a day trip when I go up there. its only about an hour trip, maybe a just a little more.

Publknme
02-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Well IM bummed.
Tried to make reservations tonight. I was looking forward to going to this event.
Didnt like the "Pricing" so I wont be attending.

Never in my life have I had to pay a "TAX" on a campsite, and a crappy 35 buck a night sight turned into 95 for 2 days with Taxes and additional launch fee's.

F that.

for that much bread I can do 2 days at union Valley and burn both my tanks of gas. (they also have showers.).

so if anyone wants ot go to this Scott Had my site on hold LF (lakefront) # 4.

good luck.

David
02-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Too bad to hear Mike, sounds like Steve and I will be making a day trip since it's so close if you'd like to come along.
But if not I understand.

78_Tahiti
02-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Sorry to here that Mike! Deb and I don't do many camping trips, except Shasta lake or somfin. Most all the other events we attend, we just go for the day. Its much cheaper for me to pack a lunch, some snacks, and go visit friends and blast around a lake for a bit. then cruise home. I like either going for the day or going for a week!

Publknme
02-10-2011, 05:18 AM
I think one, we got spoiled with Union Valley, great camp hosts. tons of sites, they keep the rowdy's inline and HOt showers all at a reasonable price. its like 20 bucks a night NO TAX, and depending on the hosts launch is either 7 bucks for 3 days or FREE.
I just didnt like the tone of the lady on the phone, and anyone who knows me knows I dont take no shit, nor will I be the one footing the tab because this economy sucks. it just seemd like a Ticketmaster experience with all the added on taxs... so I passed.

No worrys, 2 weeks after that date we are going to UV. all are welcome.
we have done very well saving since November and have enough already for 3 3+ day trips to anywhere we want to go.

so a day trip might be fun, the biggest bummer is this was our first outing of the year, were not doing shasta, and tower park seems horrifically high priced for a patch of lawn at a KOA at tower park.

or we find something else to do that weekend...

but yeah let us know what day your going up. and it also sucks Kelly has that friday off she put in for it.

78_Tahiti
02-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Ticket Master :werd: My problem is growing up around Shasta Lake. I dont pay to camp. even last year, Deb and I stayed in a US Forestry Boat In Only Campsite, with a vault style out house 7 level campsites & it was free! Its funny too, a couple of the Parks & Rec. guys showed up in a boat to collect garbage, and said I was 1 of about only 10 people that had camped at that site between April & July. They said its one of about 10 campgrounds on the lake thats not listed. Guess sometimes ya just have to scope out the territory. Then again, most folks seem to do more of the motor home type camping then I ever have. I've never had a motor home! :4_12_2:

David
02-10-2011, 09:19 AM
So are you going up for that Shasta trip? If so I wanna know where this free place is!! :happy2:

78_Tahiti
02-10-2011, 09:47 AM
its right here!
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/128/l_f3a156b87853485f8b6f3da98bbab7a9.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/123/l_94e702262b5c4aecaabfc8272dcbd316.jpg
Thats Sugarloaf Marina/ Launch Ramp straight accross the channel from the campground!

David
02-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Perfect.... I know exactly where that is!!! :)

Publknme
02-10-2011, 12:43 PM
They have a boat ion spot at union Valley also, however I dont go on Holiday weekends and We seem to always find a decent spot.

This is changing however as more people are NOT flying to destinations and doing more stuff locally....

I might be interested in a free spot for Shasta as we cant afford that one due to the extra gas for travelling. Thats my birthday weekend also. so we are oging someplace for sure, we always do then stay home on the 4th of July.

David
05-10-2011, 10:22 PM
I need to check my schedule for this. Steve what's ur plan? I may try and swap my day off from Sun to Sat so I can get up there.

David
05-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Weather looks like it's gonna be ok for this weekend...
70's... :)

454 blue boat
05-17-2011, 02:37 PM
at least its saying no wind and sunney thats all I need and this thrend is supose to be about rollins not shasta or union valley guys lol

David
05-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Yes sir thread policeman!!! LOL

ChiefRocka
05-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Wait.....Who's going to Rollins ??

454 blue boat
05-17-2011, 07:41 PM
At this point we have 6 comming and 2 or 3 that are comming out sat and sunday for the day .The six have sites and we will be there fri-sun. I put this event on last yr and everyone that came love it and wanted to repeat it again. We have water front sites with our boats 8-20 ft. away from us and going at this time of the mo. we pretty much have the lake to our selfs.If you can make it your wellcome to come.

78_Tahiti
05-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Have a great Time guys! Things are just a little to tight, to make this trip. Please post up pics of the event though! Rollins is a pretty little lake!

David
05-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Well I had taken today off to come on up and play a bit but, after being off work the last 4 days I had to come in and play a little catch up. Please post up some pics and let us know how it went.