PDA

View Full Version : Anyone boating this weekend ?? If so, where ?? San Antonio, Delta ?

ChiefRocka
09-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Wife gets home in a bit from work ... Thinking about either headed north or south from my house. Wondering if any of you are heading out this 'HOT' weekend .... If so, where ??

David
09-26-2010, 08:00 AM
We went out to CFW for a few hours yesterday. No other jets and not many boats at all.
My son and his girlfreind were up from the Bay Area so I threw 'em behind the boat on the tube and wakeboard.
Good thing Hardazz wasn't there to give me a hard time for making wakes huh?

BTW, here is Hardazz?

78_Tahiti
09-26-2010, 08:25 PM
LOL!! David, I dont think you could survive long if you couldn't stir up the water somehow!

jetboatperformance
09-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Finally brought the Mach to my rancho this weekend to finish it , goin to San Antonio next weekend if the nice weather holds ! .. Tom
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/mach1/DSC09999.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/mach1/DSC09998.jpg

David
09-26-2010, 09:01 PM
LOL!! David, I dont think you could survive long if you couldn't stir up the water somehow!

What are you saying man??? Me a pot stirrer???? no waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!

David
09-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Wow Tom!!!! That is one nice lookin' VJB!!!!

78_Tahiti
09-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Kool Tom! I expect some good videos!!!

ChiefRocka
10-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Well we didnt make it out that weekend, but we have a cabin rented on the Delta .... Windmill Cove .... for Columbus weekend .... VJB visiters welcome !!

David
10-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Not me... mine is out of the water for some repairs....

ChiefRocka
10-01-2010, 11:43 PM
I hear you man .... It seems that every year, I never get to take the boat out enough for one reason or another.

jetboatperformance
10-02-2010, 09:24 PM
We went for a short "Putt" today took the Miller (fresh BBC now) instead of the Mach 1 , didn't drive it hard with 0 hours and resisted the NOS , but we beat the rain and had some late season San Antonio was stunningly nice and no one on it , please ignore my Bride yelling at My Golden ;) and watch how/where this boat rides at part throttle in the last part of the vid , at speed it runs on about 30 inches of hull with no porpoise (with two good size people in it ) Tom

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/miller%20project%202/th_MillerSAtake1.jpg (http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/miller%20project%202/?action=view&current=MillerSAtake1.mp4)

ChiefRocka
10-06-2010, 05:20 AM
Guitty, huh ? Cool !!

Hey man, noticed you mentioned Nitrous ...

Besides a comp cam, Victor , and an 850 ... I have a stock 460 and a stock 12jcA pump.....

Would I expect any improvement with some spray on my Miller ?

I have a new dual stage plate system still in the package I was saving for my Nova project, but .....

jetboatperformance
10-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Guitty, huh ? Cool !!

Hey man, noticed you mentioned Nitrous ...

Besides a comp cam, Victor , and an 850 ... I have a stock 460 and a stock 12jcA pump.....

Would I expect any improvement with some spray on my Miller ?

I have a new dual stage plate system still in the package I was saving for my Nova project, but .....

Honestly not w big fan of giggle gas , and I only put it on there for S's and G's , I actually hit it (Sneaky Pete Cheater 50 hp +- ) last weekend (had the valve off :) ) It should be worth a smidge on yours or mine if you keep it conservative , but its hard on hardware IMO Tom

78_Tahiti
10-10-2010, 08:25 AM
I have to agree with you as well Tom, There are so many factors that can change very quickly. My favorite is "did ya hit the button?" "yeah" "well.......what happened?" "It took off, then started missing.", me again, "did ya take a look at the plugs?" "yeah" "well..............??" 2 of the electrodes were melted" me again, "do you know why?" "Uhhhhmmmm, nope" sigh, If I were you, I would remove your nitrous setup, "how come?" me again, "unless you set it up to have enough fuel pressure & volume, the next time you hit the button, you'll get to invest in a new set of pistons as well as plugs"........and so on. Since N20 carries its own oxygen, Its more like firing up a plasma cutter inside the motor for most guys! Oh Yeah! Makes for some kool top end explosions too! LMFAO!!