PDA

View Full Version : Shift Lever location on a Miller ...

ChiefRocka
09-06-2010, 08:09 AM
On my 1976 Miller, the shift lever is located on the floor, down in between my legs. It mounted thru the 2x6. I've gotten used to it, and kinda like it there. MY buddy with his Tahiti has it mounted traditionally on the side. Being the pushy 'portagee' that he is, had been nagging me for years to move it.

Anyone else have one mounted like this ??

Just curious.... :-\

jetboatperformance
09-06-2010, 08:24 PM
This was common on Millers and Hondo , never cared for it myself (had more than one boat like this) the Miller gunnels are sort of narrow and may not support the shifrt without perhaps a bracket below , my take some expirimentation and engineering , I resisted the urge and left mine alone on my River racer boat Tom
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/miller%20project%202/DSC08184.jpg

justsquirtin
09-06-2010, 08:54 PM
hey tom-how was your weekend-my placecraft has it mounted on the stringer in front of the seat-just had to get use to forward/reverse being opposite-i like it

also i need a grey steering wheel with the nine bolt pattern-lecerra i think =12 inch maybe-i have a 14 on it now -its way to big

thanks -doug -

ChiefRocka
09-07-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm totally happy with it, I reach down very easily and slam it into reverse for a good passenger soak !!

jetboatperformance
09-07-2010, 09:23 AM
hey tom-how was your weekend-my placecraft has it mounted on the stringer in front of the seat-just had to get use to forward/reverse being opposite-i like it

also i need a grey steering wheel with the nine bolt pattern-lecerra i think =12 inch maybe-i have a 14 on it now -its way to big

thanks -doug -

Doug , just taking a busmans holiday (working on the Miller , San Antonio "weekend" is next Fri Sat Sun probably gonna take the cruiser , not sure Im ready for the Tunnel hull yet ! Tom