PDA

View Full Version : Calling some of the NW gang

jrork
06-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Let's see if we can get something going here....

Darksides Calling
06-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Okay, We're here!!! What's the plan?

David
06-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Ya John!!!! What's the plan?!?!?! ;D ;D ;)

jrork
06-27-2010, 06:28 AM
Welcome Gary. David has built a really nice forum here and a number of the gang have been talking about somewhere we can post up now that the Skagen site has been having so many software problems.

Plus, with luck this site will be visited by the NorCal gang as well. Might provide an opportunity to increase communications between the groups so with a little luck we could have a regional run sometime in the future in the Oregon neck of the woods. Talking with some of the Oregon crowd, it sounds like there's some really nice lakes with good weather and where they don't get ticketed due to noise.

Just a thought..........john

Crewchief
06-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Plus, with luck this site will be visited by the NorCal gang as well.

I don't know about the NorCal gang, but you got a SoCal member :D

The wife and I have been talking about taking another trip up north, maybe this time I can drag the boat along instead of the camping trailer. I don't have a problem with Best Western ;)

jrork
06-27-2010, 10:29 AM
Hah, now the riffraff are here too! How you been CC. Nice to see you. It would be fun to try to get something going here.

Daytonatunnel
06-27-2010, 11:25 AM
................and a number of the gang have been talking about somewhere we can post up now that the Skagen site has been having so many software problems.

Just a heads up, Skagens site (www.skagenboats.com (http://www.skagenboats.com)) has been trouble free for a while now. It undisputedly is an older web design, but updating it risks loosing all the past posts, which no one wants to see happen. Will an update happen someday, yes, but the site has been running smoothly for some time now.

This is a very nice site David (I feel odd calling you by your first name, never having chatted with you before), I hope it works well for you and the others that are looking for a new site.

Chris

Darksides Calling
06-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Being from Oregon originally, I've been on quite a few of the lakes. I'd love to get together down that way and see if I could get my dad to come out for a ride...

I've also thought a bout a river run on the Umpqua from Scottsburg to Reedsport, or just meet up in Reedsport and motor upriver so we can run 'em WFO... Reedsport has plenty of hotels and "gathering places" and Winchester Bay has some killer launch facilities and parking... And the Seafood is great!!

jrork
06-28-2010, 07:36 AM
................and a number of the gang have been talking about somewhere we can post up now that the Skagen site has been having so many software problems.

Just a heads up, Skagens site (www.skagenboats.com (http://www.skagenboats.com)) has been trouble free for a while now. It undisputedly is an older web design, but updating it risks loosing all the past posts, which no one wants to see happen. Will an update happen someday, yes, but the site has been running smoothly for some time now.

This is a very nice site David (I feel odd calling you by your first name, never having chatted with you before), I hope it works well for you and the others that are looking for a new site.

Chris

Droppy,
Youíre missing the point bud, I get the point that the Skagen site is working now but you and I both know there have been a number of times on and off over the years where stuff was lost or you couldnít get on and in converstations I've had it doesnt sound like new software is gonna happen soon due to finances. Plus, other than Stinky, Lonnie, Rob and Ror, our current site is primarily Washington. This site could have provided an opportunity to hook some other folks up with us. If folks want to continue with the Skagen site, itís completely no skin off my nose.

Thanks for the offer David and I if any of this has caused you some grief. Wasnít my intentions. john

jetboatperformance
06-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Hearty Welcome to the VJB boards to ALL you John and all the great NW folks! good to see you here ! hope some Cali sun drifts your way soon Tommy Rhonda & Josh

Darksides Calling
06-28-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't se this board as anything other than another option, another source of info, and another way to connect the boaters of the area together. The best way to get stupid laws and such crammed down our throats is to let ourselves be divided into segments or small pockets that have no voice or power... The more sites we have, and the more people we drag into them gives US more voice to fight the Politico's.

I'm currently a member on 6 boating forums, each has their own flavor and knowledge base, but I still consider Skagen my "home" forum, mainly because that's there the locals are... But I'm not going to plegde feality to just one board at the expense of the others.

I hope others see it this way also!!!

David
06-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Amen to that Gary. I have been in communication (via email & pm's only) and just want to let everyone know that this is a gathering point. I am selling nothing, not charging anyone anything, no services being offered here. My site is open to Vintage Jet Boat Enthusiasts!!!

I have sent my phone number out to a couple of different people and look forward to talking to anyone, anytime that they want to give me a shout.

So the offer is out there, I won't mention any names but, you know who you are.

With all that said, let's have a great 4th of July weekend, celebrate our independence and everyone keep your fingers crossed that my nephew has MY VJB ready for this weekend!!!!!

Jet Boat 1000HP (DUAL JET DRIVE) Huge Rooster Tail (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUX347RsFGg#)

Daytonatunnel
06-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Not bent outta shape at all Johnnny Show, and I don't think I'm missing the point. I know not everyone is happy anymore, maybe here they can be. I post on 2 other boards, a 1979 Ford p/u board, and a 429-460 forum. Between those and 'our' site it's a full day in front of the comp. I'll most definately visit this site, it seems to have a great layout and I'd like to keep up with the Old Gang, but honestly won't be here a lot.

David, got your PM, thanks. No ill will on my end at all !!! I will dial you up, John said your a great guy, we'll talk Jet Boats !!!

David
06-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Hey Chris, That's great to hear!!! Come as often as you like. Mi casa, su casa, just no cucharachas <---spelling? I can spell in English, Spanish not so well!!! ;)

78_Tahiti
07-04-2010, 12:50 AM
ROFLMAO!!! David, thanks for providing another avenue, for many of us to share our own, as well as see others share, information, ideas, concepts, and no doubt opinions. On a subject we all obviously feel we like should share with others. That would be Just about anything that has to do with......(Yep you guessed it)....VINTAGE JET BOATS! AMEN!

David
07-04-2010, 07:06 AM
You are so welcome Steve. I am happy that people are finding there way here, making great suggestions and helping our site grow!!
You keep preaching it brother!!!!

scotty1969
01-29-2011, 12:32 AM
i know this is old but anyways im here do a lot of boating on both sides of the mountains,get togethers are allways good.

78_Tahiti
01-29-2011, 04:00 AM
i know this is old but anyways im here do a lot of boating on both sides of the mountains,get togethers are allways good.

I can tell by the amount of activity around here, that I think most of us are getting a little cabin fever! Even here in NorCal, its been either Foggy or just ugly outside for months it seems! Spring is coming soon. A great Place to check from time to time, & post up if your heading out to the water, is here in the Events Thread. http://vintagejetboats.com/forum/index.php?board=89.0

Publknme
01-29-2011, 05:16 AM
we should be down for a trip or a day out after March 1.

and i know people are in the planning stage of Rollins lake but thats not till May
Rollins Lake May 20-22nd
and My wife and I are planning a Union Valley Trip for June 5th 6th and 7th.

I personally plan on going someplace the first good day we get after March 1. (maybe a week or two sooner)
By then everything on my ride should be fixed.

78_Tahiti
01-29-2011, 10:54 AM
I hear that! fist sunny day I have off in feb. I'm gonna hit the water for a shakedown eun for sure! This year should be great, as my boats been running pretty good

David
01-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Me too, and since I fixed the holes it shouldn't sink.
Installed the PVC valve the oil shouldn't spew and thanks to Publknme she's got a new shine too!!!!

UncleMark
10-23-2011, 08:33 AM
I'm looking forward to the Polar Bear Run in late January on Lake Washington.

78_Tahiti
11-04-2011, 04:49 AM
A bunch of us here in Nor-Cal are going to Lake Berryessa. consider it a say good bye to summer run! But New Years Day on Camp Far west is always a blast! Then weather permitting, start the boating season again in Feb. or March! :happy2:

Kona Kandi
11-04-2011, 07:34 AM
A bunch of us here in Nor-Cal are going to Lake Berryessa. consider it a say good bye to summer run! But New Years Day on Camp Far west is always a blast! Then weather permitting, start the boating season again in Feb. or March! :happy2:

I'd be up for that, but the wife say brrrrrrrr, not a chance :eusasmiles:

David
11-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Leave her at home and head on out!!! I do,,,!!!

justsquirtin
11-04-2011, 11:52 AM
as you all now-its boating season all year here rain or shine-im game for anything any time-nothing like goin a hundy with rain in your face-hahahaha

Eaglejet
05-17-2014, 01:25 AM
So I'm real new to the forum and a fairly new jet boat owner here in the Northwest
I have been trying to find any boats like mine with no luck. The Double Eagle Co. is still in business but they only build sport fishing boats. If any body has pics or cool info on the boat brand like mine that would be nice.