PDA

View Full Version : SWTD?

laddiepowell
07-18-2016, 05:52 PM
well i got myself a little bit of a problem:41616-4: when i went to get the boat with bill of sale in hand i got there and the hin #'s had been painted over ( i assumed ) so i told the guy when i got it home i would strip the paint, mail him the paperwork he could sighn it and send it back real nice guy, his parents had bought a foreclosed property and the boat was sitting out back in the field so after about 6 years he decided to sell it. problem is paint stripper was a no go so i lightly sanded into it whitch by the way is a felony they say i had a officer from fish and game in az come inspect it. but untill i can get the correct hin # the boat is just yard art, it has california regestration # cf-7139-cm az game and fish will not look it up they say thats my responsibility to get in contact with california ? so my question is do any cali guys on the sight have any suggestions on how to find out info on a true "barn find "boat and it was litteraly " out back behind a barn lol" that has not been regesterd since 1997 :4_12_2:

Sleek Freak
07-18-2016, 06:39 PM
I'd sell your problem to Roger and let him sort it out. you know he's dumb enough to do it :hysterical: problem solved easy :biggrin: (http://javascript<strong></strong>:void(0))

"THE ADVOCATE"
07-18-2016, 06:44 PM
I would contact UT first. If its been registered here then a bill of sale is all you need. No back taxes and no title needed. If its been registered here with the CA regs they should know hin#? If the stars align you can use my address. California is going to want back taxes, title for trailer and hull, yuck.

laddiepowell
07-18-2016, 06:51 PM
the boat has california reg. # the trailor has a utah plate? az fish and game said to contact southwind boats:4_1_72:are they even in buisness

"THE ADVOCATE"
07-18-2016, 06:58 PM
If I was to buy an ID, CA, WY, AZ etc... boat I don't have to change reg #'s if they are already on there. They stay the same with a UT sticker. Or trade Roger for anything but the Brendella.

SacsTC
07-18-2016, 08:07 PM
Laddiepowell:

Yes they are. https://www.facebook.com/SouthwindHotBoats/ He is in Rancho Cordova, CA.

I was there about 3 weeks ago to buy an 82 hull that has been sitting in his shop since new. He is thinking of outfitting and selling. Supposedly never been wet. Wife and I decided I didn't need a 19' drag boat, so we bought a 20.5 Carrera that does around 70. We are trying to get it in the water in two days. (Wed)

laddiepowell
07-18-2016, 08:40 PM
200.00 bucks or a free room on the houseboat for the september NUTTZ Lake Powell get together goes to the first one that can get a copy from california for hin #s to match cf-7193-cm regestration #'s last taged in 97 :biggrin:

"THE ADVOCATE"
07-18-2016, 09:33 PM
Southwind advertises on here LOL, ate lunch with them at the VJB Christmas party, really nice guys....

laddiepowell
07-18-2016, 10:06 PM
Southwind advertises on here LOL, ate lunch with them at the VJB Christmas party, really nice guys.... i tried calling them today no answer going to try again tomorrow

Sleek Freak
07-19-2016, 05:29 AM
what's the story on the Utah trailer plate # (maybe the same owner)?

laddiepowell
07-19-2016, 05:49 AM
what's the story on the Utah trailer plate # (maybe the same owner)?
i have not looked into that yet its a single axle i was just going to junk it i have another 2 axel that i was going to use for it. looks like i might be on the phone all day:41616-4:

H20MOFO
07-19-2016, 10:15 AM
My hin was pretty non existent when I bought my tona. I was able to save it with stripper and a paper clip. It might be too late now.....but you could 86 the numbers and try to register it as a pre 1972....and or home made.

SacsTC
07-19-2016, 02:56 PM
200.00 bucks or a free room on the houseboat for the september NUTTZ Lake Powell get together goes to the first one that can get a copy from california for hin #s to match cf-7193-cm regestration #'s last taged in 97 :biggrin:

Told my detective wife about this thread and she located this. May be worth a try. http://www.marinetitle.com/vessel_documentation_database.htm

94slpz28
07-19-2016, 07:33 PM
i asked a friend from cali so we will see if she can help out at all.

AG6
07-22-2016, 10:26 AM
Hey Laddie,
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!
Problem solved!! I pulled a few strings with a friend at CA. DMV in Sac. He's going to send me a letter that states there's no current title or registration for
Vessel CF-7193-CM in the system. Then you can register it and get a HID (I'll machine you a custom one) where you like at your leisure. I will PM you when I receive it here at the Mercury Marine plant in Fl.
Have blessed weekend, Dean

SacsTC
07-22-2016, 10:55 AM
And according to that maritime site listed in post 13 above, there is absolutely no info on that boat.

laddiepowell
07-22-2016, 07:29 PM
Hey Laddie,
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!
Problem solved!! I pulled a few strings with a friend at CA. DMV in Sac. He's going to send me a letter that states there's no current title or registration for
Vessel CF-7193-CM in the system. Then you can register it and get a HID (I'll machine you a custom one) where you like at your leisure. I will PM you when I receive it here at the Mercury Marine plant in Fl.
Have blessed weekend, Dean winner winner chicken dinner is right thats the paperwork i need !!!! now all you need to do is come to powell in september and collect on you free room on the houseboat and the dutch oven chicken dinner is on me

laddiepowell
07-22-2016, 07:31 PM
And according to that maritime site listed in post 13 above, there is absolutely no info on that boat. thanks for looking into it for me it just goes to show that VJB members are the best :rooster:

AG6
07-29-2016, 06:41 AM
Hi Laddie,
Well, as promised, I delivered!! I got the paperwork this morning and I am sending you the original in the postal mail.
I also scanned it into a *.pdf (adobe) file too. Pls give me ring when can Thx, Dean :cheers: (http://javascript<strong></strong>:void(0))

laddiepowell
07-29-2016, 07:20 AM
:15_8_200v: Yo da man thanks Dean t-2 years to SWTD :drv::rooster:

justsquirtin
07-29-2016, 03:41 PM
already told him that

laddiepowell
07-29-2016, 04:30 PM
already told him thatthanks again Doug for taking time to find out the info on the swtd what Dean got for me was an offical signed letter stating the info you had already found for me,, game and fish in az are kinda jerks to deal with or at least the flagstaff office is so i am just wanting as much offical paperwork as i can get.