PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Buehler Turbocraft Hull Identifaction # Location

Roller150
03-28-2016, 11:53 AM
Ok I have had very good luck on this site asking questions and getting the right answers. I have another question on hull serial number location plate for the 1968 model Buehler. Where do I look? I looked at the very back of the boat in the transom and found a plate sticker but its for the jet drive. The other plate right under the throttle and shift lever isnt the hull number plate either. Where on this year boat would they have placed it? I have to get this for my title transfer. I was reading online that after 1972 that every boat maker had to place it at the back of the transom right hand corner. Maybe I'm over looking it there as well because its not exactly easy to look under that far back. Its a stretch!

"THE ADVOCATE"
03-28-2016, 07:35 PM
You are pretty lucky, unlike most guys who pick up old boats you have a paper trail and someone you trust that gave it to you! From hearing from other guys the fish cops (parks and game in Texas?) control the registration process there. Look up their facts page and save yourself some frustrating leg work.

Roller150
03-29-2016, 04:24 AM
Much appreciated. Someone on here also mentioned in 68 they didnt require hull numbers until 1972. So I will get an officer to look it over and do what they do for that.

Roller150
03-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Just to give an update. I contacted Texas Parks and Wildlife and they had me fax over the title and bill of sale to them. I explained that there are no HIN numbers of any kind anywhere on this boat. She got back to me and said she will find out from the game warden when the next inspection is and she will let me know. So far so good.