PDA

View Full Version : Grease fitting in the exit.... Panther

jetboatlife
10-17-2015, 11:14 PM
Hello,
I have a panther on my boat, I know where the dip stick tube is for checking it, but where is this?

2. Lube the grease fitting in the exit housing of the drive. Use only quality brand name Marine grease, and only use a hand held grease gun. Air powered grease guns can pop the sand seal out of the housing. I have found that a couple quick pumps, before a weekend outing is plenty.

I've looked and cant find it? Thanks for any help. Also is there diagram or someone know how I can remove the forward and reverse bucket? I need to repaint it, looks like its held on with pins?

P.S. think I posted in wrong section?

Fast Eddie
10-21-2015, 07:30 PM
The grease fitting is inside the pump exit. Just look in the exit hole and there's the fixed exducer and in the center there's a grease fitting. If there isn't one then there should be a hole where it should be and you will need to disassemble and put a new one on. You can Google Panther jet. Com and download a pdf of the Panther parts. I think that's about all I've been able to find.

78_Tahiti
11-05-2015, 12:09 PM
sorry I missed this one. here is a picture. I have seen them with a small pipe plug, as some owners, seem to think the water pressure from the exit housing, will enter the zerk fitting, and wash the grease out.