PDA

View Full Version : Check out the passenger

T8er S.
05-20-2015, 09:42 AM
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11141346_10155500833280063_2486862698614931524_n.j pg?oh=85d213a67a480d2023b5c89d49eb0c29&oe=560A393E
:gun2:

old rigger
05-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Who doesn't like the Duke?
The powercat hydro in the background is pretty cool too.

White Lightning
05-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Who doesn't like the Duke?
The powercat hydro in the background is pretty cool too.

Years ago, when I lived in Tucson, I worked at a Dude Ranch called Wild Horse Ranch between Tucson and Marana as a dish washer. John used to frequent the ranch on occasion. One night during the evening dinner rush, one of the waitresses came into the kitchen and said "You'll never guess who's here". Says I, "who"? "John Wayne" says she. "NO WAY"! So I poked my head out of the kitchen and looked at the bar and sure enough, The Duke himself having an after dinner Vodka Gimmley and a Camel shotgun with the Ranch manager.
Throught the next hour or so, I kept poking my head out of the kitchen to catch glimpses of him. About the 5th time I did he looked up and caught my eye. I smiled, he smiled and he wiggled is 'come here' finger at me. :sign0068:
So, sheepishly, I walked up to him. He stuck out his hand and said "Hi, I'm John" and shook my hand (hellova grip!). "Yes sir" says I, "I know" all the while sporting the chesher cat grin. "What's your name"? says he. "Rob" says I. "What do you do here"? he says. "I'm the dish washer" I said with a blush on my face. "Well, that's a fine job.....and you're doing an excellent job of it" he says. I mumbled a "Thank you Sir" and caught my boss giving me a side glance so I politely excused myself and scurried back to my dish washer. I don't think I washed my hand for a week! lol
Over the next couple of days I spoke to the waitresses and house keepers that had been there a few years and had a chance to interact with John. All of them, to a fault, spoke highly of The Duke. He was just a human being, no false, contrived persona. The way he was on the silver screen was pretty much the way he was in person.

I miss him.

Yeah.....who doesn't like The Duke :biggrin:
Rob

"THE ADVOCATE"
05-20-2015, 05:42 PM
https://youtu.be/usk81XVsE9o

White Lightning
05-20-2015, 05:49 PM
https://youtu.be/usk81XVsE9o

Thank you Jason.
Brought a tear to my eye.
A perfect lead in the the Memorial Day holiday.
Rob

old rigger
05-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Years ago, when I lived in Tucson, I worked at a Dude Ranch called Wild Horse Ranch between Tucson and Marana as a dish washer. John used to frequent the ranch on occasion. One night during the evening dinner rush, one of the waitresses came into the kitchen and said "You'll never guess who's here". Says I, "who"? "John Wayne" says she. "NO WAY"! So I poked my head out of the kitchen and looked at the bar and sure enough, The Duke himself having an after dinner Vodka Gimmley and a Camel shotgun with the Ranch manager.
Throught the next hour or so, I kept poking my head out of the kitchen to catch glimpses of him. About the 5th time I did he looked up and caught my eye. I smiled, he smiled and he wiggled is 'come here' finger at me. :sign0068:
So, sheepishly, I walked up to him. He stuck out his hand and said "Hi, I'm John" and shook my hand (hellova grip!). "Yes sir" says I, "I know" all the while sporting the chesher cat grin. "What's your name"? says he. "Rob" says I. "What do you do here"? he says. "I'm the dish washer" I said with a blush on my face. "Well, that's a fine job.....and you're doing an excellent job of it" he says. I mumbled a "Thank you Sir" and caught my boss giving me a side glance so I politely excused myself and scurried back to my dish washer. I don't think I washed my hand for a week! lol
Over the next couple of days I spoke to the waitresses and house keepers that had been there a few years and had a chance to interact with John. All of them, to a fault, spoke highly of The Duke. He was just a human being, no false, contrived persona. The way he was on the silver screen was pretty much the way he was in person.

I miss him.

Yeah.....who doesn't like The Duke :biggrin:
Rob

No that's a cool story.